| Side view of the screws holding my jaw in the new position with wire at the back |
| Front view of the screws, plates and wires |
Today I went back to the surgeon for another one of my weekly visits. Everything was fine and in the correct place. He still wants me to wear my band at the front of my teeth just as a reassurance that nothing will move, even though this band has become a bit loose now. My jaw is perfectly aligned how he would like and is happy with how the swelling is going down. I also went and got X- rays today. In the pictures you can see the screws that are holding the plates in place that support the front of the jaw and the wires are holding the back of the jaw. This is all on top of my palate and on my top jaw I can't feel any of it. In the side view picture you can see that the plates are in a L shape. You can see where these plates are is where the top jaw has been cut and moved forward as bone is sticking out more where the plate forms the bottom of the L shape.
I'm going to see my orthodontist tomorrow So I will post an update to let you all know what they think of the new look. My face is still quite numb but is starting to become very tingly, kind of like pins and needles. Also I went out in public today as most of my swelling has gone down except for my top lip. I don't even think anyone really noticed that my face was a little swollen so that's good.
Also if there is anything in particular you guys would like to ask or would like me to write about feel free to post a comment or contact me through my Facebook page and if you haven't already go and give it a like to keep up to date with all new blog post.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Story-Behind-My-New-Smile/746686388700790?ref=bookmarks
No comments:
Post a Comment