 |
| Just thought I would share some photos of what I looked like before surgery :) |
The Day Before Surgery
 |
| Gappy Smile |
 |
| Gap Teeth looking like a Pirate |
 |
| Drinking through a straw through the gap in my teeth |
So here are some photos of me with my two false teeth taken out and my surgical post in place the day before surgery. Also the last photo shows how I can fit a straw between the gap in my teeth which came in handy when trying to squeeze food into my mouth after surgery. The day before surgery I had to go to the orthodontics to get my two false teeth taken out that fill in the gaps where I had to get teeth taken out because of my cleft palate. Once the orthodontist had taken them out I had to get my surgical post put onto the wires of my braces in between the brackets. These post are what the surgeons use to "wire" your jaw ( they don't actually wire it, they use small rubber bands.) As the orthodontist doesn't know how many bands the surgeon would like to use to hold my jaw shut, the 'ortho' puts as many posts in as possible. You can see them in the photos, they are the silver things between each of my brackets on my braces.
No comments:
Post a Comment