Each day the amount of my face that feels numb slowly decreases. Today only my cheeks, the bottom of my nose and my top lip are still numb. They aren't completely numb though they are starting too feel tingly. The top of my lip and bottom of my right cheek are starting to feel heavy. Hopefully that means I will have feeling back in them soon. Also on a positive note it doesn't hurt as much to laugh anymore. Up until today, whenever I laughed it pulled under my top lip and it really hurt, I think that's because that's where the stitches are. Most of my face seems to have lost its swelling and returning to its normal shape except for the area between my nose and my top lip. This area is still puffy and it kind of looks lip a chimps lips. Also I have no pain and I have been off all medication since the start of the week.
On another note: Because my top jaw has been moved forward it means my profile has changed and the center of my face will no longer be as flat as it was before surgery. This also means that my nose has been lifted slightly. My surgeon also put some stitches inside my mouth under my nose to lift the tip of my nose up and hold it in place. So far I'm really liking how my nose is looking and can't wait to see it after all of my swelling has gone down. Because of my cleft palate repair when I was younger my top jaw didn't grow forward normally; this means that my nose didn't move as I grew. Also because of my scar tissue where my lip was repaired when I was younger it is less flexible as a normal lip and this restricts the top jaw area from growing forward as it is tight. This all contributes to my nose slowly getting flatter as I grew older, I know that for me and many other people who have a cleft this is something that can cause embarrassment and confidence issue . So now that my top jaw has moved forward my nose and the profile of my face will become more prominent, its exciting to see the changes each day as the swelling slowly goes down.
![]() |
| before and after... So far |

No comments:
Post a Comment