Leading Up to Surgery
As surgery got closer and closer and I realised that after the date had to be change three times, that the surgery was finally happening. I started to become more nervous as things got closer. Surgery can be quite scary when you get older because you are more aware of what is actually involved and how you are going to feel during recovery. When I was younger surgery was never really a big deal to me. I just thought it was cool because I got time off school and when I got back to school I had some new scars to show off. I also think because I'm older I remember more of what the surgeon says so I remember every detail of the scenarios of what could happen if things don't go to plan. But never to worry because I knew I was in good hands and I was just sick of waiting for it! I wanted it done!

On the day before my surgery I decided I was going to have a me day and to eat as much food as I could. Once I had breakfast and got myself organised for the day and decided I was going to spend the day in the city. For lunch I had already planned where I was going. I went to a restaurant where I used to work because I new I could get a big meal there. I ordered a big plate of pasta which I would normally only be able to eat half of, but I ate the whole thing. I was now feeling very full but I knew I also wanted to try and squeeze in dessert as well. It was the last day that I could eat before I had surgery, so I was going to squeeze in as much food as I could. So I then went to my favourite frozen yoghurt shop YoMG. Since I was already full from eating twice the amount of pasta than I normally would and now frozen yoghurt I was feeling pretty satisfied and had the biggest food baby of my life. This made my day and also made me smile because some people gave me funny looks as I walked past as they gawked at my pokey outy belly. I swear I looked pregnant.
This all seemed to be a good de- stress before surgery because I was feeling pretty contempt after this and went home and had a nap (food coma) before I had to go to my pre surgery ortho appointment as seen in my last post.
No comments:
Post a Comment