| Day after surgery- One week Post Op- Two weeks Post Op |
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| | Right Side Profile- Center - Left Side Profile |
Yay another week down! week two has been much easier, most of my swelling has gone down and I haven't had any pain at all. My nose has finally stop bleeding but is still a bit running from all the swelling that is going down. My face is still swollen a little bit in my cheeks, under my nose and my top left side of my lip is still swolen as well. I only have a tiny bit of bruising left which you can see in the picture above. The bruising is the yellow colour near my lip on my left side of my face. I have most of the feeling back in my face but some parts are still quite tingly and a little bit numb. These areas include my top lip, some areas in my cheeks and a little bit under my eyes. My palate in my mouth is still quite numb. From what I can see most of my stitches have dissolved now.
On Thursday I went to see my orthodontist for the first time since surgery. She was very happy with how everything was looking and said I was doing a great job with keeping it all cleaning. So I decided later on I will upload a video of what I have been using to clean my teeth. Also I am able to get my false teeth put back in two weeks which I'm very happy about.
I have gotten use to eating soft food now without chewing, I'm not saying I like it but I am use to it. However I am really craving a meal like a chicken parmigiana or a crumbed steak. I'm even dreaming about food, I wake up and my mouth is chewing. This isn't good because I'm not meant to chew for six weeks. My diet at the moment consist of a fruit smoothie in the morning, Pasta for lunch, protein shake for afternoon tea, Vegetable soup for dinner and jelly and ice cream for dessert or a hot chocolate drink or something else. Last night I just felt like white chocolate. So I filled a coffee cup half with hot water, broke up some white chocolate and stirred it in until it melted; then I added some milk. It tasted just like white chocolate. Since I started using this new protein powder I have been able to maintain my weight. I currently weigh 48kgs which is 4kgs less than what I was before surgery but I'm not loosing anymore weight which I'm happy about.
I'm starting to feel more like myself again. I'm starting to go out in public again and I'm not spending most of my day in bed anymore. I'm hoping to return to work in another week which will be good to get back into a routine. At the moment I'm starting to enjoy my time at home as I'm doing some things that I have wanted to do for a while. Such as sewing and fixing some of my old clothes and I've redecorated the bathroom. Although I would much rather be outside going swimming or going for a run somewhere. I still have to be careful of what I do and not over do it too much. I'm still not allowed to blow my nose and I have to try and not sneeze which can be difficult at times. Also when I yawn I try and hold my jaw shut so I don't strain it too much. Sleeping has also become a lot easier now as well.
I heard another girl who had jaw surgery say that once you pass one and a half weeks after surgery things start to get much easier. I definitely believe this as thing have gotten a lot easier. Thank you to everyone for all the support and kind words. Stay tuned for a video coming soon and more updates.
No comments:
Post a Comment