SURGERY DAY! 27th September 2014
 |
| Just out of Surgery- In CCU |
On the day of my surgery I remember waking up thinking " Oh my Gosh, It's actually going to happen today!" I was hungry as soon as I woke up but I think this was because of the fact that I knew I couldn't have food not because I was actually hungry. I hate fasting before surgery but lucky my surgery was on a Saturday and I was the only one having surgery so I didn't have to wait for any others. Before I knew it I was admitted into hospital, had met the Anesthetist and taking whatever tablet it was that I had to have before surgery. Now I was all gowned up and lying on the table looking up at those bright white lights. I remember talking to one of my relatives who was a nurse in the room. Then the anesthetist put a needle in my hand which stung quite a bit, he said it was soft medicine whatever that means. Then I turned and was talking to one of the nurses who works at my surgeons practice and then I was gone, knocked out cold.
 |
| Swelling after surgery |
When I woke up I remember feeling very congested but I had barely any felling in my face at all. I didn't open my eyes for a while because I felt so tired. I remember coughing because my throat felt dry and I think I was trying not to swallow blood but I can't remember too much. Then the next time I woke up I was back in my bed in CCU and my parents were there. I had the oxygen mask on my face which I couldn't feel because I was completely numb. I had a few visitors come and lots of nurses come to check on me but I was that drugged up that I just kept drifting in and out. The nurses also put a head wrap thing on my face that had ice packs in it to reduce the swelling.
 |
| morning after surgery |
 |
| can already see the change in my nose |
 |
| thumbs up for icecream |
By that night I was feeling a bit more awake and was communicating with the nurses and I even was given some jelly and custard. Although I wasn't able to keep this down because of the blood that I had swallowed. Once I got that all up though I was good and I wasn't sick again after that. I was able to get out of bed and walk to the toilet however the first time the nurse wheeled me back to my bed in a wheelchair because I felt a bit dizzy but each time after that I felt better.
In the morning I had breakfast which was apple juice, orange juice, custard and yoghurt. Also the two surgeons who did my operation came and saw me and said everything went better than expected and that they couldn't be more happy with the outcome. My surgeon also discharged me from hospital and said I was free to go home whenever I liked. I went home that afternoon once I had a few more painkillers and Mum was able to get all the medicine I would need at home. Then by 3:30 that afternoon I was heading home.
 |
| on my way home |
No comments:
Post a Comment