When you aren't allowed to chew for six weeks you tend to drink a lot of smoothies. I thought I would share some of the different smoothies I have made over the past couple of days. I don't have the exact amounts of each ingredient in the recipes as I just put in what I feel looks to be enough. These are just to give some ideas of what different things can be made into a smoothie. Here are just a few of the different recipes I have tried. In each smoothie I also add in some LSA seed mix or chia seeds. I use a Nutri-Bullet to make all my smoothies which is great because it can blend most of the ingredients I put in it. Although some of the smoothies are quite pulpy because of the different fruits I put in such as pineapple and apples. This can be hard to drink because the pulp can get stuck in your braces. If this is an issue the smoothie can be put through a strainer to take out all the pulp.
Choc Banana Milkshake:
- 3tsp nutella
-1 banana
- approx. 500mls of milk
- 1 scoop of protein powder
Apple pie breakfast smoothie:
- One and a half finely chopped apples
- Vanilla yoghurt
- Small amount of breakfast cereal crunchola
- Small amount of rolled oats
- Coconut water
- Cinnamon sugar
Tropical Smoothie:
- Frozen mango pieces
- Pineapple
-Pine lime icecream
- V8 tropical juice
Fruit and veggie smoothie:
-Diced peaches
-Pineapple
-Mango pieces
- Pine lime icecream
- Spinach
- V8 tropical juice
( this would also taste good with some added frozen grapes and a little bit of cucumber for some extra veggies and even a little bit of carrot)
Berry Smoothie:
- Frozen Blueberries
- Strawberries
-Frozen Blackberries
- Milk
- Yoghurt
- Protein Powder
Also some others drinks that I have made are some different hot chocolates. I had some friends buy me boxes of favourites which I cant chew yet. Looking at them in the fridge made me really want to eat one. So I decided to make a hot chocolate drink with them. I choose what flavour I would like. I breakup three bars of the chosen chocolate and put it in a coffee cup. I then fill half of the cup with boiling water and stir this until all of the chocolate has melted. fill the rest up with milk and you have a hot chocolate in any flavour you like. So far I have had a white chocolate, caramello, and mint bubbly hot chocolate. If you are craving chocolate these definitely help. Not the most healthy drink but its a nice little treat.
No comments:
Post a Comment