Monday, 6 October 2014

ONE WEEK POST OP!!!






Week One Post Op!

Alright so one week down, Woohoo! now since recovery is approximately six weeks only five more to go! Week one was filled with lots of sleeping, resting and new learning experiences. The day I got home from hospital I didn't really feel like doing much at all I just slept most of the day and when I was awake I was just sitting in my bed searching the internet on my phone or just sitting there watching the day go by. At this point I was still taking the pain killer endone which is very strong and can make you feel very strange. That night when I was sleeping I kept waking up thinking that there was another lady who was sleeping next to my bed, she told me that she had jaw surgery as well as she was telling me all the stuff I should be doing. When I woke up and the medication had worn off I realised this lady wasn't real and I was just tripping on pain killers. oh dear :O

Day two: I was still feeling very drugged up and still a bit dazed. By this stage I was so over just having liquids so I decide to have some soup which was pretty much just beef stock. I put it in a squeezy sauce bottle so I could just squeeze it into my mouth. This worked well until I squeezed it too hard and it started dripping out the lid. 

Day three: Day three was not a good day. I was totally over it and I felt like it was never gonna get easier. I was feeling very congested and I was sick of waking up every morning with a bloody nose. For me the mornings are the worst because when you wake up your mouth is totally dry from breathing through your mouth, your nose is all bloody and if you slept on your face too much it would be kinda sore. On this day I went to see my surgeon for the first time since surgery. He was very happy with how everything was looking and said that a bloody nose was normal and it should stop after about a week. He put my bands on today or wires as some say. I had one put directly in the center of my front teeth and then one on the right side to pull the jaw back into alignment with the center. I had to go back to see my surgeon 4hrs later to see if the bands were holding the way he wanted. When I went back to see him he was happy with the position and decided that I only needed the one band in the center to hold my bite together. The nurse then showed me how to put them on and off. I am allowed to take them off when I eat and when brush my teeth. Most people aren't able to take their bands off but my surgeon was beyond happy with the result that he said I could. Putting this band on is exactly the same as putting orthodontic bands on for those of you who have had braces. 

Day four: I was still feeling a bit crappy but was starting to do more stuff for myself and spending less time in bed. I was no longer on endone. I was just having panadol, nurofen and my anti biotics. I was sick of having liquid so I decided to have some pasta I had spaghetti with a puree sauce so it didnt have any lumpy bits in it and the mince was chopped up really fine. I had risoni pasta with it as well. I was able to suck this off a spoon and swallow it with out chewing. I had also tried the continental packet pasta Alfredo. This became my obsession because I ate it for breakfast lunch and dinner the next two days. 

Day five: Today I had to go back to see my surgeon. This appointment was very quick, all he did was check my gums were still getting blood as they should and that everything was aligned. He was still very happy with how everything was looking and said I was doing well with brushing. The rest of the day was just filled with watching big bang theory and scrolling through, Facebook, Instagram and fitness blogs. 


Day six: FINALLY A GOOD DAY!! I don't know why, today was just a really good day. I was feeling good, the swelling was starting to go down and I could see that things were going to start getting better. I started feeling like it's going to be all worth it at the end. P.S I'm still obsessed with Alfredo.

Day Seven: ONE WEEK DOWN! I was so glad to get to this little milestone. It meant it was one less week I had to spend sitting at home drinking or sipping my food off a spoon. The start of this week was very hard and I was really not happy at all. Although I wasn't in pain at all because my top jaw was still completely numb, I just felt miserable. However as the week went on things got easier and it meant I was one week closer to that six weeks of recovery! :)




Sorry theses photos aren't the most flattering but it's all part of it. Puffy chipmunk cheeks is the new black ok :)

No comments:

Post a Comment